Multi-Language Support Specialist
- Ph.D., Applied Linguistics, Northern Arizona University
- M.A., TESOL, Murray State University
second language acquisition, second language assessment, computer-assisted language learning, learning strategies
- Kang, T. (forthcoming). Book review on “Pronounce It Perfectly in English (3rd ed.).” PennTESOL-East Voices Newsletter, Winter 2017.
- Kang, T., Arivizu, M., Chaipuapae, P., & Olegovich, R. (2016). Test reviews of academic English placement and proficiency tests for non-native speakers. International Journal of Listening, 1-38.
- Kang, T. (2015). The effectiveness of multiple media tools in L2 listening: A meta-analysis. In V. Turel (Ed.), Intelligent design of interactive multimedia listening software (pp. 255-284). IGI Global.
- Kang, T. (2013). Book review on “Teaching and learning second language listening: Metacognition in action.” AZTESOL Newsletter, 34 (1).
Selected Paper Presentations
- “Effectiveness of Strategy Instruction Using Podcasts in Second Language Listening and Speaking” 2016 AAAL, Orlando, FL
- “Evaluating Three Online TOEFL Vocabulary Lists with a Textbook Corpus” 2014 American Association for Corpus Linguistics, Flagstaff, AZ
- “Pauses versus Comprehensibility in Intermediate ESL Learners’ Speech?” 2014 Peaks Conference, Flagstaff, AZ
- “Student-created Podcasts: An Effective Way to Practice L2 Speaking?” 2014 AZCALL, Phoenix, AZ
- “Investigating the Placement Test of Speaking in the Program in Intensive English Using FACETS” 2013 Midwest Association of Language Testers Conference, East Lansing, MI
- “Self-controlled Podcasts: An Effective Way to Practice L2 Listening?” 2013 Peaks Conference, Flagstaff, AZ
- “Learning English with iPods” 2012 AZTESOL Conference, Phoenix, AZ
- “Today, Did You Blog?” 2010 KYTESOL Conference, Louisville, KY, US