As class deans, Karen Clemence and Christopher Selena work closely with students and collaborate with families, faculty, and staff to support the academic experience of all Lafayette students. Class deans provide careful guidance and detailed referrals, and will follow up to meet the unique needs of each student. Together, class deans provide leadership in areas such as the first-year experience, academic integrity, and advising support for faculty.
Class deans support faculty in their primary roles as instructors. They are committed to a proactive approach, working closely with students and faculty to identify problems before they occur. They serve as resources for professors who have concerns about multiple absences, academic dishonesty, and other issues. Deans play a key role with faculty when difficult student situations arise.
Class deans also assist faculty in their roles as academic advisers. In the first two years, Lafayette students are paired with faculty advisers who are able to offer guidance with the Common Course of Study, course registration, and the declaration of major. The Class deans work with the Office of the Registrar and other departments across the campus to offer training and ongoing support for faculty advisers.
- Mar 30 Lessons Learned from Study Abroad - a Student Panel
- Mar 31 The Neuroscientific Challenge to Legal Doctrine
- Apr 9 HP Program: Destinations and Dollars: Researching Resources and Reconnoitering Among the Schools
- Apr 16 Health Professions Program: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine Admissions Presentation
- May 7 Pre-Departure Orientation for Semester Abroad
Office of Advising & Co-Curricular Programs
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
PHONE: (610) 330-5080
FAX: (610) 330-5711