As class deans, Karen Clemence and Erica D’Agostino work closely with students and collaborate with families, faculty, and staff to support the academic experience of all Lafayette students. Class deans provide careful guidance and detailed referrals, and will follow up to meet the unique needs of each student. Together, class deans provide leadership in areas such as the first-year experience, academic integrity, and advising support for faculty.
Class deans support faculty in their primary roles as instructors. They are committed to a proactive approach, working closely with students and faculty to identify problems before they occur. They serve as resources for professors who have concerns about multiple absences, academic dishonesty, and other issues. Deans play a key role with faculty when difficult student situations arise.
Class deans also assist faculty in their roles as academic advisers. In the first two years, Lafayette students are paired with faculty advisers who are able to offer guidance with the Common Course of Study, course registration, and the declaration of major. The Class deans work with the Office of the Registrar and other departments across the campus to offer training and ongoing support for faculty advisers.
- Apr 25 The Podiatric Advantage: A Visit from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Apr 29 Law, Science, & Technology: What Can the BRAIN Initiative Learn from the Human Genome Project?
- Apr 30 Royal Holloway Univeristy (London) Study Abroad Information Table
- May 2 Spanish Studies Abroad Information Session
- May 4 All-College Honors Convocation
Office of the Dean of the College
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
FAX: (610) 330-5711