As class deans, Karen Clemence and Erica D’Agostino work closely with students and collaborate with families, faculty, and staff to support the academic experience of all Lafayette students. Class deans provide careful guidance and detailed referrals, and will follow up to meet the unique needs of each student. Together, class deans provide leadership in areas such as the first-year experience, academic integrity, and advising support for faculty.
Class deans support faculty in their primary roles as instructors. They are committed to a proactive approach, working closely with students and faculty to identify problems before they occur. They serve as resources for professors who have concerns about multiple absences, academic dishonesty, and other issues. Deans play a key role with faculty when difficult student situations arise.
Class deans also assist faculty in their roles as academic advisers. In the first two years, Lafayette students are paired with faculty advisers who are able to offer guidance with the Common Course of Study, course registration, and the declaration of major. The Class deans work with the Office of the Registrar and other departments across the campus to offer training and ongoing support for faculty advisers.
- Mar 10 Lecture: Public Safety and Personal Liberty: Where Do We Draw the Line?
- Mar 11 Brown Bag Discussion: A Day in the Life of a Criminal Defense Attorney
- Mar 11 A Campus Conversation on The Role of Athletics in Academic Environments
- Mar 13 CITLS/Teagle Faculty Group Panel "Crafting an Inclusive Syllabus"
- Mar 24 Study Abroad Get Started Session
Office of the Dean of the College
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
FAX: (610) 330-5711