Know Your Advising Network
Lafayette is committed to helping students become knowledgeable, thoughtful, and mature members of our liberal arts community. To that end, the College offers many resources and opportunities that span the campus. Learning how to use what is available in order to define one’s own academic and personal goals is a vital step to a student’s success in a classroom, library, laboratory, residence hall, organization, and community project. It’s also essential for a life of continued intellectual growth.
Each student has a team of advisers who are ready to assist, and students should cultivate their entire advising network in order to optimize their Lafayette experience.
- Faculty advisers for first- and second-year students and majors guide young scholars on their academic paths through the Common Course of Study and departmental homes toward—where appropriate—post-graduate study.
- Class deans in the Office of Advising & Co-Curricular Programs provide additional resources for students’ academic planning. They monitor academic progress and serve as a vital link among students, faculty, and staff/administrative services across the campus.
- Student Life deans and directors work with students on their co-curricular goals through programming that develops students’ skills and personal growth.
- Resident advisers support the campus co-curricular learning outcomes by advising students in their residential communities.
- Career services advisers work with students from their first year in the nationally recognized Gateway program to identify their strengths and interests and to optimize career-building opportunities such as internships and externships.
- Peer mentors, tutors, and supplemental instruction leaders provide student-student academic support through the ATTIC.
Information is also available in the Academic Advising Handbook.
- No events are scheduled.
Current Academic Calendar
Future Academic Calendars
Office of Advising & Co-Curricular Programs
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
PHONE: (610) 330-5080
FAX: (610) 330-5711