Know Your Advising Network
Lafayette is committed to helping students become knowledgeable, thoughtful, and mature members of our liberal arts community. To that end, the College offers many resources and opportunities that span the campus. Learning how to use what is available in order to define one’s own academic and personal goals is a vital step to a student’s success in a classroom, library, laboratory, residence hall, organization, and community project. It’s also essential for a life of continued intellectual growth.
Each student has a team of advisers who are ready to assist, and students should access their entire advising network in order to optimize their Lafayette experience.
- Faculty advisers for first- and second-year students guide young scholars at the beginning of their academic journey through the Common Course of Study and assist them with major exploration. After declaring a major in the spring of sophomore year, major advisers assist students with completing the requirements of their departmental home(s) and assist them in reaching their post-graduate goals.
- Class deans in the Office of Advising & Co-Curricular Programs provide additional resources for students’ academic planning. They monitor academic progress, provide support, and serve as a vital link among students, faculty, and staff/administrative services across the campus.
- PARDners support first-year students by assisting them during their transition into the College. They are available to answer questions about the Common Course of Study, demonstrate how to use advising resources such as Banner Self-Service and Degree Audit, and guide students through the informational programming provided through the Commons.
- Career services advisers work with students from their first year in the nationally recognized Gateway program to identify their strengths and interests and to optimize career-building opportunities such as internships and externships.
- Peer mentors, tutors, and supplemental instruction leaders provide student-to-student academic support through the ATTIC.
Information is also available in the Academic Advising Handbook.
Current Academic Calendar
Office of Advising & Co-Curricular Programs
714 Sullivan Road
Easton, PA 18042
PHONE: (610) 330-5080
FAX: (610) 330-5711